I Found Savings and a Great Plan – Now What?
Wireless Butler analyzed your bill and found savings with your current carrier, or an even better deal with a new carrier–so now what? We know that switching carriers or plans can be complicated, especially on multi-line plans. For this reason, most people go to a retail location to ensure everything goes smoothly. When you’re ready to switch, here’s how:
Use the store locator links provided below to find the store nearest you:
Some carriers, like Sprint, enable you to schedule an appointment online:
Google’s Project Fi is the one outlier — this carrier only offers web-based switch and activation. When you are ready, head to the Google Fi sign up page. For more information, check out the Google Fi answers page.
For all the other carriers: before you make the trip to the retail store to switch, make sure you have a few things with you:
- Your mobile device, so you can login to Wireless Butler and show the associate the exact plan you desire
- Photo identification
- A copy of your current bill
- Your pin or account password for your current carrier
- The devices you wish to switch
- Your Social Security Number
Make sure you back up your devices before you go to the store.
Once at the store, you will need to show the retail associate the recommended plan from your Account History screen in Wireless Butler.
- Select Account History from the main menu
- Select your recent bill analysis
- Select the plan you picked
- Show this to the retail associate
That’s it! The retail associate may try to sell you on a larger plan, or a different one, but rest assured, Wireless Butler is the most up-to-date resource on plans.
You can also call the main four carriers directly for help switching plans, if you’re comfortable with that process:
Once you’ve switched:
Don’t forget to cancel or you can become a zombie line and your carrier will continue to bill you!